- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Premium Select Solid Light Yellowfin Tuna in Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter OR margarine
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup radiatore pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 1 (4 oz) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1/3 cup chopped red OR green bell peppers
- 3 tablespoons sherry
- 3 tablespoons chopped Italian parsley
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 350° F.
- Drain oil from tuna into large saucepan; set tuna aside.
- Add butter to oil; heat until butter has melted and hot.
- Sauté onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Reduce heat.
- Gradually whisk flour into onion mixture until mixture is smooth and bubbly: stir constantly.
- Slowly whisk in broth and cream.
- Heat to boiling; stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in pasta, olives, bell peppers, sherry, 2 tablespoons parsley and tuna.
- Spoon into a greased 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, 25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- The last 5 minutes of baking top with Parmesan cheese.
- Garnish with remaining parsley.
Add a little twist
Use a variety of olives – Kalamata, green, black – in this dish to add briny flavor.
Serving Size 1; Calories 340; Calories from Fat 240; Saturated Fat 14; Carbohydrates 13; Fiber 1; Sugars 1; Protein 13; Cholesterol 89; Sodium 343; Vitamin A 22%; Vitamin C 17%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%;