Creamy Lemon Pasta with Tuna
The perfect springtime dish! Asparagus, tomatoes, tuna and pasta noodles all coated in a creamy lemon sauce. Easy to make, sure to please, and loaded with fresh flavors and colors!
Original recipe courtesy of House of Yumm
- 1/2 pound of thin spaghetti noodles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream (or milk of choice--sauce will be thinner)
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 (12 oz) can or 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, drained
- 15-20 cherry tomatoes sliced
- 10 asparagus spears cut to approx 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- additional parmesan cheese (for topping)
- fresh ground pepper (for topping)
- In a large pot over high heat bring about 6 cups of water to a boil. Add the thin spaghetti noodles and allow to cook for about 5 minutes, or until noodles are tender. Strain and set the noodles aside.
- In a large saucepan melt the butter over medium heat, add the garlic cloves and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant.
- Pour in the heavy cream, lemon juice and lemon zest, salt and white pepper. Stir until well combined. Add in the cheese and continue to cook over low to medium heat stirring often until the cheese is melted.
- While the sauce is cooking prepare the asparagus. Heat a small skillet over medium heat, add about a tablespoon of olive oil. When heated, add the asparagus and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Cook for about 5-7 minutes until desired tenderness is achieved.
- Add the noodles to the sauce and stir until coated. Stir in the drained 1 (12 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water. Top the pasta with sliced tomatoes and cooked asparagus. Serve warm and enjoy!
- Top with additional parmesan cheese or fresh ground black pepper.