- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 fresh Serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 (15 oz) can black or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- salt to taste
- 4 pre-fried, flat, gluten-free tostada shells, heated
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1/2 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced avocados (or guacamole)
- 1 (3 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Smoked Pacific Salmon, flaked with a fork into bite-size pieces
- Lime wedges
- In a saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat and sauté the Serrano pepper and garlic until light golden brown, or about 3-5 minutes.
- Add the beans to the garlic mixture and coarsely mash the beans while heating them through; add salt to taste.
- Spread 1/4 of the bean mixture over each tostada shell.
- Layer each tostada with 1/4 the lettuce, cheese, tomatoes, avocado and salmon.
- Squeeze lime over entire tostada and serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
To make low-fat baked tostada shells, spray corn tortillas on each side with cooking spray. Place the tortillas on a foil-lined cookie sheet and bake at 450° F for 5 to 10 minutes or until crispy.
Serving Size 1 tostada; Calories 250; Fat 13g; Carbohydrates 26g; Sugar 3g; Protein 14g; Sodium 520mg