- 1 (5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Premium Select Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil
- 2 small fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup minced onion
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 medium egg whites
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 small pinch dry oregano leaves
- 1 pinch dried basil (fresh is preferred, if available)
- 1 pinch dried thyme
- Drain oil from can of tuna into a small bowl; set oil aside.
- In a medium-size frying pan, sauté the tomatoes, zucchini, onion, and garlic in two teaspoons of the reserved oil until vegetables are tender, or about 5 minutes; reduce heat to low.
- Add the remaining oil and tuna to the frying pan; stir gently.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites and single yolk for about 30 seconds and then add the mixture to the frying pan.
- Fold the eggs into the vegetables until all the ingredients are incorporated.
- Spread the egg mixture evenly across the frying pan. Sprinkle the oregano, basil and thyme over the top.
- Cover and cook over low heat for about 5 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to loosen the frittata from the sides and bottom of the frying pan.
- Remove from the heat when the frittata looks firm and evenly puffed. Cut into wedges and serve immediately.
Add a little twist
Swap seafood and try this dish with Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Salmon!
Calories 180; Fat 9g; Carbohydrates 7g; Sugar 4g; Protein 17g; Sodium 250mg