Hearty Salmon and Wild Rice Soup
Forget soups that have to simmer over the stove for hours on end—this simple rendition is ready in under 30 minutes and packs just as much flavor.
Original recipe courtesy of Andie Mitchell
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium stalks celery, chopped
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15-ounce) cans low sodium and low fat chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil, plus more for serving
- 2 (5-ounce) EZ-Open cans Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, drained
- 2 cups Minute® Ready to Serve Brown and Wild Rice
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, carrot, and celery and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 seconds.
- Add the diced tomatoes, broth, oregano, pepper, and basil, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the salmon, rice, and broccoli; stir; Cook for 5 minutes.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top each with 1 tablespoon Parmesan and chopped fresh basil.