- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup sherry
- 1/3 cup water
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 medium bell pepper (red, green or yellow), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced celery, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 8 oz sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3/4 cup cashews
- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Spring Water, drained
- 1 (5 oz) can chow mein noodles
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- In small bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch and ginger.
- Stir in sherry, soy sauce, water, 2 tablespoons oil and vinegar; set aside.
- In large skillet, over high heat, heat remaining oil.
- Add garlic, onions, bell pepper, celery and water chestnuts.
- Sauté 3 minutes until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in cashews and sauce mixture.
- Bring to a boil and cook 1 minute.
- Gently fold in tuna and heat through.
- Evenly divide noodles onto four plates.
- Spoon tuna cashew mixture over noodles.
- Garnish with sesame seeds or sliced green onion if desired.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
To add bit more flavor, add mandarin oranges to this tasty dish.
Serving Size 1; Calories 691; Calories from Fat 375; Saturated Fat 6; Carbohydrates 59; Fiber 5; Sugars 21; Protein 22; Cholesterol 25; Sodium 1374; Vitamin A 24%; Vitamin C 70%; Calcium 5%; Iron 23%;