- 2 (3.75 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Brisling Sardines, Mediterranean Style
- 1 ½ cups (approx 1 ½ cans) white beans , rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped cucumber
- 1 cup sliced red cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 6 leaves lettuce
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Italian or balsamic dressing of choice
- Combine beans, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion and chopped scallions.
- Mix in Italian or balsamic dressing of choice to taste.
- Place approximately 2/3 cup salad mixture on top of lettuce leaf.
- Flake 2-3 sardine fillets on top of each salad followed by 1 tsp. chopped parsley.
Add a little twist
Try this recipe using Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Oil, Lightly Smoked, Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Hot Sauce or Chicken of the Sea® Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil.
Serving Size 1/6 of recipe; Calories 122; Saturated Fat .7; Carbohydrates 16; Fiber 4.7; Sugars 4.3; Protein 9.6; Cholesterol 11.7; Sodium 291; Vitamin A 14%; Vitamin C 29%; Calcium 9%; Iron 9%;