- 2 (1 lb) box frozen puff pastry dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup frozen cubed hash brown potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced red
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup sliced green onion or chives
- 8 large eggs, beaten
- 4 ounces softened light cream cheese
- 2 (3 oz) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Smoked Pacific Salmon, flaked into bite-sized pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper or foil.
- Unfold pasty on cookie sheet.
- Cut off top corners.
- Slice a 1-inch strip down the side of the outer panels to create flap for braids.
- In large saucepan melt butter.
- Sauté potatoes until brown.
- Stir in peppers and chives; cook for 3 minutes.
- Whisk in 8 beaten eggs and cream cheese; scramble just until fluffy and set.
- Spoon scrambled eggs down the center of each pastry.
- Top with salmon.
- Starting at the top of the strudel, braid the strips across the filling; pressing braids to close.
- Whisk together 1 egg and water; brush over top of strudel.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Cool 5 minutes before slicing.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try substituting our Smoked Pacific Salmon with tuna.
Serving Size 1; Calories 400; Calories from Fat 240; Saturated Fat 5; Carbohydrates 29; Fiber 1; Sugars 1; Protein 11; Cholesterol 130; Sodium 270; Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%;