These salmon falafel are simple—the ingredients get thrown into a food processor, the tzatziki sauce can be prepared ahead, and cooking time is less than 5 minutes!
Original recipe courtesy of Food Done Light
- 1 cup chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2/3 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 small onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea® Boneless Pink Salmon in EZ-Open cans
- ¼ cup chickpea flour
- 2 tbsp grape seed oil
- ¾ cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- ½ medium English cucumber shredded
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp fresh chopped dill
- 1 tsp rice wine vinegar
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- In a food processor, process first 5 ingredients until a paste forms.
- Add cumin through salmon, processing until mixture is completely combined.
- Form into 8 balls.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Dredge each falafel twice in chickpea flour
- Heat 1 tbsp. oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook half the falafel for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place on a plate.
- Repeat steps six and through 8 with remaining falafel.
- For tzatziki sauce, mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Serve with tzatziki sauce.