- 1 1/2 cans Chicken of the Sea® Brisling Sardines, Mediterranean Style
- 2 tomatoes
- 4 leaves lettuce
- 4 bread rolls
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese (fresh, sliced or shredded)
Tangy Cream Cheese Spread
- 4 oz. low-fat cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, chopped or grated
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 Tablespoons non-fat milk
- Mix together all the ingredients for the Tangy Cream Cheese Spread and beat until fluffy.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of the spread on one slice of the bread roll.
- Place 3 sardines on top of spread, followed by 1-ounce of mozzarella cheese.
- Place 2 slices of tomato and 1 lettuce leaf on top, followed by the other half of the bread roll.
- Repeat process for remaining 3 sandwiches.
Add a little twist
Try using Chicken of the Sea Sardines in Oil, Lightly Smoked in this recipe. Try serving this sandwich on a bagel, ciabatta roll or French bread roll. Also try adding a lightly grilled slice of eggplant or banana peppers for extra flavor.
Serving Size 1 Sandwich; Calories 383; Saturated Fat 4.7; Carbohydrates 42.4; Fiber 2.3; Sugars 5; Protein 27.5; Cholesterol 38.7; Sodium 964; Vitamin A 11%; Vitamin C 13%; Calcium 41%; Iron 16%;