- 2 (3.75 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Hot Sauce
- 3 cups corn, frozen or canned; thawed, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 4 teaspoons canola oil
- 6 leaves lettuce (romaine or butter lettuce)
- Balsamic vinaigrette of choice
- Mix bell peppers, red onion and cilantro with the corn kernels.
- In a medium-sized skillet, heat the canola oil under medium heat.
- Place the cornmeal in a separate bowl and coat the sardines in the cornmeal.
- Lightly sauté the sardines.
- Place on a paper towel to drain and cool.
- To serve, place a lettuce leaf on each plate with approximately ¾ cup of salad mixture.
- Place 2 sautéed sardines on top of salad with a sprinkling of cilantro on top.
- Serve with the balsamic vinaigrette of your choice.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try Chicken of the Sea® Brisling Sardines in Pure Spring Water or Chicken of the Sea® Brisling Sardines in Olive Oil.
Serving Size 1/6 of recipe; Calories 160; Saturated Fat 1.2; Carbohydrates 21.9; Fiber 3.1; Sugars 4.1; Protein 7.2; Cholesterol 11.7; Sodium 117; Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 61%; Calcium 5%; Iron 5%;