- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 each cup diced yellow squash and carrot, peeled, coin sliced, cut in half
- 1/2 each cup minced yellow onion and julienne red bell pepper
- 1/4 pound green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- 8 cups mixed salad greens, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, peeled, diced
- 1/2 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 2 (5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Premium Light Tuna
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- Toasted sesame seeds
Chili Ginger Dressing:
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves, pureed
- 1 teaspoon Chinese chile paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In heavy skillet, heat oil over high heat until hot.
- Stir-fry vegetables until crisp tender.
- Add garlic and ginger; stir-fry 1 minute longer.
- Add soy sauce and honey; stir-fry for 15 seconds.
- Remove from skillet: stir in basil.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile, combine greens, cucumber and cabbage; toss with half the Chili Ginger
- Dressing (see recipe below) to coat lightly.
- Evenly divide among 4 salad plates.
- Top with stir-fry vegetables and tuna.
- Lightly drizzle with dressing.
- Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve remaining dressing on the side.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
This recipe also makes a great pasta salad dish!
Serving Size 1/4 of recipe; Calories 510; Calories from Fat 280; Saturated Fat 4; Carbohydrates 47; Fiber 9; Sugars 33; Protein 19; Cholesterol 25; Sodium 780; Vitamin A 100%; Vitamin C 90%; Calcium 15%; Iron 25%;