Thai Fish Cakes
This recipe for Thai fish cakes is sweet and spicy salmon formed into patties and cooked to a golden brown. Serve the fish cakes with a cool cucumber salad and sweet chili dipping sauce for a delicious appetizer or main course!
Enter your best tuna recipe in our Best of the Sea Recipe Challenge. You could win $100 or a trip to Fiji!
Original recipe courtesy of Dinner at the Zoo
- 4 packets Chicken of the Sea® Sweet & Spicy Flavored Salmon Pouches
- 5 tablespoons panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon red curry paste
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Thai cucumber salad for serving
- Sweet chili sauce for serving
- Place the contents of the salmon packets into a large bowl. Stir in the panko, egg, curry paste, cilantro and egg until thoroughly incorporated. Season with salt and pepper to taste if desired.
- Shape the fish mixture into 3 patties (having damp hands helps!). Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the patties in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side or until cooked through and lightly browned.
- Serve immediately, with Thai cucumber salad and sweet chili sauce on the side.