Mild albacore makes a tasty alternative that even traditional burger lovers will enjoy.
Enter your best tuna recipe in our Best of the Sea Recipe Challenge. You could win $100 or a trip to Fiji!
- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 sesame seed buns
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna, bread crumbs, and eggs and stir lightly.
- Add the onion, celery, lemon juice, horseradish, garlic and pepper, and mix again.
- Form the mixture into 4 patties.
- Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook the patties, covered, until golden brown.
- Carefully flip the patties and cook the other side for 5 minutes.
- Finish baking in the oven until golden brown.
- Top with your favorite cheese, condiments and toasted bun.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
For a low carb alternative, try lettuce wraps instead of burger buns!
Serving Size 1 burger; Calories 388; Calories from Fat 81; Saturated Fat 1g; Carbohydrates 45g; Fiber 7g; Sugars 2g; Protein 33g; Cholesterol 139mg; Sodium 639mg; Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 5%; Iron 16%