- 1 pound plain or whole wheat pizza dough
- All purpose flour for dusting
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces fresh Mozzarella, preferably buffalo, thinly sliced
- 2 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup basil leaves, loosely packed
- 2 (3 ounce) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Tuna Medallions with Black Pepper Crust
- Sea salt flakes and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Divide the pizza dough into 4 pieces. Place on a lightly floured work surface and roll out to 1/8 inch thick rounds.
- Place the 4 raw pizza crusts on the prepared baking sheets and brush with the olive oil. Pierce all over with a fork and bake until golden brown, or about 9 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Evenly divide and arrange the Mozzarella, tomatoes, basil and tuna between each pizza; season with salt and pepper before serving.
Add a little twist
This is great idea for a party! Cut the dough into 8 or 12 pieces to make handheld appetizers.