- 3/4 pound Brussels sprouts
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups frozen brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 3 (3 ounce) pouches Chicken of the Sea® Tuna Medallions with Black Pepper Crust
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- Remove the outer leaves from the Brussels sprouts, discarding any blemished ones. Continue separating the leaves until only the small core in the center is left.
- Place the water in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the Brussels sprouts leaves and cores and bring to a boil. Once at a boil, cover the Brussels sprouts, reduce heat and simmer until the leaves are tender, or about 4 minutes; drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place the oil, lemon juice, rice vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and whisk to combine. Drizzle the mixture over the Brussels sprouts, add the brown rice, and toss to coat.
- Arrange the Brussels sprouts and rice mixture on plates and top with the tuna. Garnish with pomegranate seeds before serving.
Add a little twist
Replace the brown rice with farro berries for a tasty alternative. If pomegranate seeds aren’t available, you can substitute dried cranberries.