Tuna Melt Crostini
A delicious way to enjoy the flavors of a tuna melt with on an easy to eat baked toast. Lots of flavor and flair with every bite. Ideal for summertime!
Original recipe courtesy of Savvy Saving Couple
- 1 (12 oz) can or 2 (5 oz) cans of Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayo
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley reserve half for garnishing
- salt & pepper to taste
- 9 slices Italian bread cut 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 sliced plum tomato
- Heat Oven to 350 degrees.
- Drain the water out of the tuna.
- Add half the parsley and red onion to a bowl along with your tuna and mayo; mix.
- Spread tuna mixture over each crostini slice evenly.
- Top each crostini with with one tomato slice and an even amount of cheese.
- Sprinkle with salt & pepper and bake for 5 mins. Garnish with remaining parsley and enjoy!