- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1¼ cups onion, finely chopped
- ¾ cup celery, finely chopped
- 5 teaspoons TABASCO® brand Original Red Sauce
- 4 tablespoons canola mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoons black pepper
- 4 (5-oz.) cans Chicken of the Sea Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1¼ cups panko breadcrumbs
- Heat 1 1/2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a skillet on medium-high. Add onion and celery and sauté until translucent. Set aside.
- While onions and celery are sautéing, combine TABASCO®Sauce, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Strain tuna. In the bowl containing mayonnaise mixture, gently mix in the tuna, beaten eggs, cooked onions and celery, and bread crumbs.
- Form the tuna mixture into 10 patties of 2 ounces each. Heat remaining olive oil in a skillet on high for about a minute; then reduce heat to medium-high. Cook patties until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. More oil may be needed between batches.
- Once done, place tuna patties on paper towel to soak up any excess grease.