Zucchini Carrot Veggie Latkes
Latkes are usually made with shredded potatoes, but now and then you have to change things up, right? So shredded zucchini and carrots seemed like a solid choice. Low carb and with only an egg and a tiny amount of flour to help bind them together, they’re super healthy!
Original recipe courtesy of Foodness Gracious.
- 2 zucchini grated
- 2 cups carrot shredded
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp oregano dried
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 pouch Chicken of the Sea Smoked Salmon
- 1 cup corn
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 shallot diced
- 1/4 cup Greek Yogurt non fat
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh dill chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- Place the grated zucchini in the center of a clean dish towel and twist tightly to extract as much water as possible from the zucchini and then transfer to a bowl.
- Add the shredded carrot, egg, flour, oregano, salt, and pepper.
- Stir with a fork until well combined.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick pan and add about 1/4 cup size of the latke mixture to the hot oil, slightly pressing down to form a patty shape.
- Cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side then transfer to a baking tray in a low heat oven.
- In a bowl combine the smoked salmon, corn, avocado, and shallot.
- In a smaller bowl, combine the yogurt, dill, and garlic.
- Place the latkes on a plate and top each one with some of the salmon mixtures.
- Garnish with fresh dill and serve with the yogurt dip.
In this recipe
I started my blog when I became a stay-at-home dad to my two amazing kids. They can be my biggest critics, but usually they love what they get to eat in the kitchen (if they don’t, then tough luck – I’m the boss). My background mostly involves desserts and pastry, but alas, we can’t just eat that every day so I do cook “regular” food also. To me, food shouldn’t be like rocket science – it should be simple, fresh and easy to prepare.