- 2 (12 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs - made from 4 slices toasted or day-old bread
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 100% whole wheat hamburger buns
- lettuce leaves
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced red onions
- 6 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise
- Toast the 4 slices of bread in a toaster or put them in the oven to toast up.
- Make a crumb mixture using a food processor, pulsing the processor until a fine crumb is obtained.
- In bowl, combine the tuna, breadcrumbs and eggs.
- Add next 5 ingredients to tuna mixture; blend well.
- Evenly divide and shape the tuna mixture into six patties.
- In a large skillet, heat oil on medium heat until hot.
- Cook tuna burgers on both sides until browned and heated through.
- Alternatively, those burgers can be made on the grill using a grill-safe pan.
- Spread 1 tablespoon mayonnaise on each of the six hamburger buns, top with a tuna burger, lettuce, tomato and onion.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
For fewer calories and carbs, lose the bun and flake with a fork or enjoy in a lettuce wrap! And next time, make Cajun Burgers with Chicken of the Sea® Albacore Tuna, Pink Skinless and Boneless Salmon, Crab or Mackerel. They’re just as tasty and easy to make.
Serving Size 1; Calories 417; Calories from Fat 189; Saturated Fat 2; Carbohydrates 40; Fiber 5; Sugars 8; Protein 36; Cholesterol 131; Sodium 1537; Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 55%; Calcium 10%; Iron 26%;