- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 1 T. softened butter
- 1 (2.5 oz.) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Premium Light Tuna or Premium White Albacore Tuna
- 1 T. Sriracha sauce, plus more for drizzling over the finished toasts (I really like the Trader Joe’s brand!
- 2 T. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. pickle relish
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper, plus more for sprinkling over the finished toasts
- 1/2 c. shredded sharp cheddar
- chopped fresh cilantro, optional garnish
- Place slices of bread on a baking sheet. With a knife, spread butter around the outer edges of the bread, leaving center of bread without butter.
- In a small to medium sized bowl, stir together tuna, Sriracha, mayonnaise, pickle relish, and black pepper. Divide tuna mixture between the two pieces of bread, spreading it evenly over the un-buttered areas and leaving the buttered edges exposed. Sprinkle tuna mixture with cheddar.
- Turn oven broiler on high. Place baking sheet under broiler, on a rack set just a bit higher than the center of the oven. You want to broil slowly, to let the buttered edges of the bread get browned and crispy, while the tuna gets hot and the cheese melty. When done to your liking, remove baking sheet from oven. Add a bit more Sriracha and freshly ground black pepper over the top, if desired. And sprinkle on a bit of cilantro, for a little fresh green. Enjoy hot.