Classic Tuna Salad
A fresh and light classic tuna salad recipe that is as versatile as it is delicious! Perfect in a sandwich, wrap, salad or as an appetizer!
Original recipe courtesy of The Chunky Chef
- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore in Water, drained
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp celery, minced
- 2 tbsp red onion, minced
- 1/2 tbsp whole-grain mustard (or dijon)
- 1 tsp minced flat-leaf parsley
- 1-2 tsp sweet pickle relish (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- Fill a small bowl with cold water, add minced red onion and let soak for 5 minutes.
- Drain and let dry on paper towels.
- Add tuna to a medium mixing bowl, break up lightly with a fork, then add remaining ingredients (up to salt and pepper).
- Stir to combine well.
- Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste.
- Serve in a wrap, in a sandwich, on mini toasts, on cucumber slices, in lettuce cups or in a salad.