- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped shallot
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 pounds cauliflower florets (about 1 large head of cauliflower)
- 1 quart chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 5oz Chicken of the Sea Tuna (canned Wild Alaskan Salmon also works well)
- brown rice and peas for serving
- In a large saucepan set over medium heat, add the olive oil. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until softened, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower florets, chicken stock, salt and cashews and bring to a simmer. Cover and simmer until the cauliflower is fork tender, about 10-12 minutes.
- Transfer the cauliflower and chicken stock mixture to a blender. Carefully blend until completely smooth. Pour back into the pan and add the drained tuna. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve over hot cooked rice. Enjoy!
In this recipe
Welcome to my blog! My name is Erin. I’m a food-loving mom of 2 busy little boys and I find a lot of joy creating delicious food for the people I love. I eat 100% gluten-free (and mostly dairy-free) because of celiac disease. I'm glad you're here!