- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Mackerel in Water
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 4 cups steamed rice
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Drain mackerel, saving the liquid. Remove the bones and skin.
- Cut drained mackerel into chunks.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and sauté onion and bell peppers.
- Mix in flour, curry powder, salt, and pepper. Stir to remove flour lumps.
- Gradually add the saved mackerel liquid and milk. .
- Cook on low heat and stir frequently until sauce thickens.
- Add mackerel and serve over rice. Top with chopped cilantro.