- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup packed Italian parsley, roughly chopped
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 3½ Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 2 tsp. capers, drained
- 2 cans Chicken of the Sea Sardines in Water
- 1½ tsp. Dijon mustard, or more to taste
- ½ cup good olive oil
- Heat 2 Tbsp, olive oil in a skillet and add garlic. Stir frequently until garlic is fragrant, be careful to not burn! Take off heat and set aside.
- Combine parsley, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt, pepper, capers, sardines and Dijon mustard in a food processor. Pulse to combine.
- Add olive oil through the top opening while blending until it reaches desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Serve over steak, fish, or on toasted bread with cheese.
In this recipe
I started my blog in order to share some of the recipes that worked for my family. I try to keep things simple while incorporating healthy elements, such as fruits, vegetables and whole-grains. And life wouldn’t be fun without some treats thrown in!