- 1 (8 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Whole Oysters, drained
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Optional dips for serving: tartar sauce, mignonette sauce, hot sauce, aioli, pesto, etc.
- Optional serving accompaniments: vegetables, crackers, toasts, etc.
- In 3 separate small bowls, fill one bowl with flour, and another with bread crumbs. In the third bowl, beat the eggs and water together.
- Gently press sardines in flour, then dip in egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Fill frying pan with about 1/4-inch of oil. Heat on medium-high heat to 375°F. Gently placed coated oysters in oil in a single layer (cook in batches if needed).
- Fry oysters on each side until crispy and golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
- Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with minced parsley.
- Serve with lemon wedges, dips, and accompaniments of choice.