- 2 (5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless, drained
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs (or crushed pork rinds for keto), divided
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 stalks green onion, minced
- 1 Tablespoon finely minced fresh ginger (or 2 teaspoons ginger powder)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- black pepper, to taste
- Oil for frying
- 1/4 cup ponzu sauce
- Garnish: lemon slices, sliced green onion and minced cilantro
- Optional: top with togarashi seasoning
- Mix egg, lemon juice, 1/3 cup of panko bread crumbs or crushed pork rinds, cilantro, green onion, fresh ginger, garlic powder, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Gently mix in the salmon until combined.
- Put the remaining 2/3 cup of panko or crushed pork rinds in a bowl. Scoop about 1/4 cup of salmon mix and form into a patty about 2-inches wide. Gently press the patty into the bowl of panko or crushed pork rinds. Coat both sides of the patty. Repeat for the rest of the patties.
- Heat about 1/4” of oil in a skillet on medium heat. Fry both sides of the salmon patties until they are golden brown and cooked through, about 3-5 minutes per side.
- Serve with ponzu sauce and optional garnishes.