- 2 cups leeks, washed well and sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 (14.5 oz) low-sodium stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 oz) bag or 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup lite sour cream (mixed with milk)
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 (5 oz) package Chicken of the Sea® Premium Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon Pouch
- 2 slices cooked bacon crumbled (optional)
- In 2-quart saucepan, sauté leeks, and garlic in melted butter until leeks are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in water and stock; simmer 15 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes of simmering, add half the potatoes.
- In food processor or blender, puree potato leek mixture until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Over low heat, add in half the cheese and slowly whisk in the milk and sour cream mixture.
- Fold in the remaining potatoes and salmon.
- Heat through.
- Top each serving with crumbled bacon and remaining cheese.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try serving this delicious chowder in an edible sourdough bread bowl!
Serving Size 1; Calories 430; Calories from Fat 210; Saturated Fat 13; Carbohydrates 34; Fiber 3; Sugars 6; Protein 24; Cholesterol 85; Sodium 800; Vitamin A 20%; Vitamin C 25%; Calcium 35%; Iron 10%;