- 1 (5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon, Skinless & Boneless
- 2 cups diced cooked potatoes
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cups leeks, washed well and sliced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 cup water
- 14.5 oz low-sodium stock (1 3/4 cup)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grated sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 slices cooked bacon, crumbled (optional)
- Cook the potatoes and set aside.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter and sauté leeks and garlic until leeks are tender (about 10 minutes).
- Stir in water and stock; simmer 15 minutes.
- The last 5 minutes of simmering, add half the potatoes.
- In food processor or blender, puree potato leek mixture until smooth.
- Return to saucepan.
- Over low heat, add in half the cheese and slowly whisk in the milk and sour cream.
- Fold in the remaining potatoes and salmon.
- Heat through. Top with remaining cheese and crumbled bacon.