- 1/2 cup diced red
- 1/2 cup green bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Jack Mackerel in Water, drained (optional: remove bones and skin)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 4 slices red onion
- 4 leaves lettuce, washed and pat dry
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 hamburger buns
- In a bowl, mix together, bell peppers, Parmesan, parsley, garlic salt and cayenne pepper; blend well.
- Add eggs, breadcrumbs and mackerel.
- Shape into 4 equal burgers.
- Add oil to hot skillet.
- Fry on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fill each burger with lettuce, tomato, 2 slices bacon, mackerel patty and red onion.
- Serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Make a snappy spread by combining mayonnaise, sweet and spicy relish and a few dashes lemon juice.
Serving Size 1 burger; Calories 570; Calories from Fat 230; Saturated Fat 8; Carbohydrates 48; Fiber 4; Sugars 7; Protein 36; Cholesterol 200; Sodium 1960; Vitamin A 35%; Vitamin C 90%; Calcium 50%; Iron 30%;