- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Mackerel in Water, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 leaves lettuce, washed and pat dry
- 4 slices tomatoes
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 4 slices red onion
- Optional condiments: mayonnaise, mustard, ketchup, hot sauce
- In a bowl, mix together bell peppers, Parmesan, parsley, garlic salt, and cayenne pepper; mix well.
- Add eggs, bread crumbs and mackerel.
- Shape into 4 equal patties.
- Heat oil in a skillet then pan fry the patties. Fry on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels.
- Fill each burger with lettuce, tomato, 2 slices bacon, mackerel patty and red onion. Top with optional condiments and serve immediately.