- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 1 (5 oz) box yellow rice mix (gluten free)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Jack Mackerel in Water, drained and flaked into bite size pieces
- Melt butter in saucepan and sauté celery, bell pepper and garlic.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and contents of rice mix.
- Bring to boil and gently stir in mackerel.
- Bring to boil again.
- Cover and reduce heat.
- Simmer 12 minutes or until liquid has evaporated and rice is tender.
- Serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try serving this mixture in green, red or yellow bell peppers.
Serving Size 1; Calories 240; Calories from Fat 110; Saturated Fat 7; Carbohydrates 20; Fiber 1; Sugars 1; Protein 15; Cholesterol 75; Sodium 810; Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%;