- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Mackerel in Water, drained, bones and skin removed
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 (5 oz) box yellow rice mix (gluten free)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- Flake the mackerel into bite sized pieces. Set aside.
- Melt butter in saucepan and sauté garlic, celery, and bell pepper.
- Stir in water, tomato sauce, and contents of rice mix.
- Bring to boil and gently stir in mackerel. Cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes or until liquid is nearly all evaporated and rice is tender.
- Stir in the chopped oregano and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.