- 1/2 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/2 cup diced green bell peppers
- 1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 oz) can bones and skins removed (optional), Chicken of the Sea® Chub Mackerel in Water
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Remove large bones from center of mackerel.
- Take off skin and discard.
- Flake meat into bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together bell peppers, bacon, Parmesan, parsley and cayenne pepper.
- Add egg, breadcrumbs and mackerel. Blend well.
- Shape into 6 or 12 equal cakes.
- Add oil to hot skillet and fry cakes on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels and serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Serve these patties between mini burger buns and you have yourself some seafood sliders!