- 1 (15 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Mackerel in Water, drained, bones and skin removed
- 1 cup diced red bell peppers
- 1/4 cup cooked, chopped bacon
- 2 Tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs (or crushed pork rinds for low-carb/glutenfree)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Optional condiments: aioli, mayonnaise, tartar sauce, hot sauce
- Remove large bones from center of mackerel. Take off skin and discard. Flake meat into bowl.
- In separate bowl, mix together bell peppers, bacon, Parmesan, parsley and cayenne pepper. In separate bowl, mix together bell peppers, bacon, Parmesan, parsley and cayenne pepper.
- Add egg, bread crumbs (or crushed pork rinds for low-carb/gluten-free) and mackerel. Blend well.
- Shape into 12 equal patties.
- Add oil to hot skillet and fry patties on each side until golden brown (about 4 to 5 minutes per side).
- Drain on paper towels and serve hot with optional condiments.