- 3 (6.5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Chopped or Minced Clams
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 ribs celery with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 bottle (8 oz) clam juice
- 1 tablespoon flour blended with 1 tablespoon melted butter, optional
- Add all ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker; stir to blend.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- If a thicker soup is desired, add flour/butter mixture during the last 30 minutes.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Serve with toast points for dipping or top with Oyster Crackers.
Serving Size 1 cup; Calories 264; Calories from Fat 0; Saturated Fat 0g; Carbohydrates 45g; Fiber 6g; Sugars 10g; Protein 19g; Cholesterol 29mg; Sodium 2538mg; Vitamin A 78%; Vitamin C 56%; Calcium 12%; Iron 20%