- 1 (3.75 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Lemon and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Make the dressing: Add the juices from the sardine can in a small bowl. Add the garlic, olive oil, lemon juice, vinegar, chili flakes, salt, and pepper.
- Reserve a few sardine filets to add to the finished salad. Gently break apart the remaining sardines in smaller pieces and combine into the vinaigrette. Set aside.
- Add about 1 cup of couscous into 2 bowls.
- Divide the reserved sardines, avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese, olives and herbs between the bowls.
- Spoon sardine dressing over couscous. Serve with lemon wedges. Add additional salt and pepper, to taste