- 1 (12 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Chunk Light Tuna in Water, drained
- 12 (3-inches long) mini bell peppers
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 12 ounces shredded Monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup ranchero or enchilada sauce
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place peppers on a baking sheet and place on top rack in oven. Roast for 8 minutes.
- Remove and let stand until cool enough to handle.
- Reduce heat to 375°F.
- Meanwhile, place tuna in a large bowl and break up with a fork. Add cilantro, salt, cayenne and all but 1/2 cup of the cheese.
- Using a small knife, cut peppers open lengthwise. Stuff generously with tuna mixture.
- Pour ranchero sauce in a baking dish. Arrange peppers on top. Sprinkle remaining cheese over peppers.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot.