- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup cup all-purpose flour
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 2 stalks celery, diced
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth, warmed
- 2 teaspoons seafood spice seasoning (such as Old Bay)
- 1 tablespoon sweet Hungarian paprika
- 1 (15 ounce) can can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 (8 ounce) cans Chicken of the Sea® Whole Oysters, rinsed and drained
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Place butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add flour and cook, stirring constantly until lightly golden.
- Add bell pepper, celery, onion and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Whisk in chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat, stir in seafood spice seasoning and paprika, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add crushed tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add lemon juice and oysters and cook for 5 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley before serving. Serve hot.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Serve hot over white or brown rice. Have a bottle of your favorite hot sauce on the table so everyone can add as much heat as they like!
Calories 220 Fat 9g Protein 14g Carbs 23g Sodium 480mg Sugar 7g