- 1 pound round rye bread, unsliced
- 2 (8 oz) package light cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 (6.5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Chopped Clams
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Assorted crackers or fresh vegetables
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Slice top of rye bread 2-inches from the top; set aside.
- Hollow out bread, leaving 1" thick shell.
- Cut center of bread into 1" cubes and toast in oven 10 minutes; set both cubes and shells aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese, milk, Worcestershire and pepper sauce until smooth; add lemon zest.
- Fold in clams and onions into mixture.
- Spoon into bread shell.
- Top with bread top; wrap in foil.
- Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until warm.
- Serve with toasted bread cubes, assorted crackers or fresh vegetables.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
This dip can also be served cold.
Serving Size 1; Calories 148; Calories from Fat 55; Saturated Fat 3.5; Carbohydrates 16; Fiber 2; Sugars 4.5; Protein 7; Cholesterol 18; Sodium 345; Vitamin A 5%; Vitamin C 1%; Calcium 6%; Iron 8%;