- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped dill or parsley, plus extra for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 1 medium russet potato, peeled and cut into small bite sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 cup half & half
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 (2.5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Pink Salmon with Lemon & Chive
- cheddar cheese, for topping
- In a pot over medium-high heat add the oil, onions, and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent, about 2 minutes.
- Add dill, thyme, Worcestershire sauce, corn, potatoes, and salt. Stir until everything is combined. Cook about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a large bowl, whisk broth, half and half, and flour. Whisk to remove all lumps. Pour into pot and bring to low boil and continue gently boiling until soup thickens.
- Reduce heat to low simmer. Continue stirring to remove flour lumps. Cook for about 10 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Gently fold in salmon and cook on low-medium heat about 5 minutes or until salmon is warm.
- Add the green onions and if needed, season with additional salt and pepper to taste. Top with cheese and serve warm.