Salmon Lemon Risotto with Asparagus
Whether it’s a weeknight meal or a dinner party, the salmon and lemon combination will keep everyone’s taste buds happy.
Original recipe courtesy of Cake 'n Knife
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 bunch asparagus, ends trimmed and chopped into 1” pieces
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken stock + more if needed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1 can Chicken of the Sea® Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss chopped asparagus with 1 tsp olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread asparagus out in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes, or until fork tender. Set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat 2 Tbsp butter. When hot add rice to the pan with the garlic. Stir and toast the rice, approximately 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour in wine and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the wine is absorbed. Add half go the chicken stock, stirring once, until absorbed, 8 to 10 minutes. Add remaining broth and simmer, stirring once, until rice is tender and creamy, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- When the rice is cooked, stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, asparagus, salmon, cheese and remaining butter. Stir in parsley. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.