- 1 (3.75 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Sardines in Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced or sliced
- 4 slices toasted bread
- 1 large heirloom tomato, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise or hummus
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped herbs (basil, parsley, dill)
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- In a pan, add garlic, sardines, and oil from sardine can. Heat until sardines are heated through and garlic is softened, about 2-3 minutes. Set aside
- Spread mayonnaise or hummus on toast. Lay slice of heirloom tomato, chopped herbs, sardines and red onions. Repeat for remaining toasts.
- Drizzle with lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.