- 1 (3.75 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Sardines
- 1 1/2 lbs. zucchini or summer squash, spiralized (about 2-3 medium zucchini or summer squash)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Optional - red chili flakes, for topping
- Heat large skillet on medium-high heat. Add 1 Tablespoon of oil and add zucchini noodles.
- Cook for about 2 minutes or until some moisture is released, but don’t cook the zucchini noodles too much or they’ll be mush.
- Place the zucchini noodles in a colander to drain excess water and set aside.
- In the same skillet, add remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil. Add garlic and cook until translucent. Add tomatoes and cook for about 1 minute or until the tomatoes start to soften.
- Add sardines and all of oil from the can. Gently stir and break apart the sardines.
- Add zucchini noodles back into the pan. Gently stir until everything is combined. Season with salt & pepper, add Parmesan, chopped basil and optional chili flakes. Serve warm.