- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 24 large spinach leaves
- 2 (4 ounce) cans Chicken of the Sea® Medium Shrimp, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes, toasted
- 1 lime, cut into quarters and sliced very thin
- To make the dressing, place oil in a medium skillet over medium heat; add ginger and shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in salt and brown sugar and cook until the sugar has dissolved. Transfer to the work bowl of a food processor.
- Add fish sauce and pulse until mixture turns into a rough paste. If mixture is too thick to blend, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- For the salad, arrange spinach leaves on a serving plate and top with a half teaspoon of the dressing. Arrange shrimp, red onion, peanuts, coconut and lime on top. Serve immediately.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
This savory sauce is delicious but if you want to cut down on the preparation time you can purchase a soy ginger salad dressing.
Calories 190 Fat 9g Protein 14g Carbs 14g Sodium 650mg Sugar 6g