- 3 (6.5 oz) cans Chicken of the Sea® Chopped or Minced Clams
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 carrots, thinly sliced
- 3 ribs celery with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 (28 oz) can diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 Tablespoon salt, or to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 medium potatoes, diced
- 1 bottle (8 oz) clam juice
- 1 Tablespoon flour blended with 1 tablespoon melted butter, optional
- Add all ingredients to a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker (clams, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, tomatoes, salt, pepper, bay leaf, thyme, potatoes, and clam juice); stir to blend
- Cover and cook on High for 4-6 hours or Low for 8-10 hours.
- If a thicker soup is desired, add flour/butter mixture during the last 30 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.