- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 pound smoked Gouda cheese, grated
- 1 (5 oz) can Chicken of the Sea® Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water, drained
- 8 slices sourdough or your favorite bread
- 4 slices tomato
- 4 slices red onion
- 8 pieces bacon, cooked until crispy
- 4 tablespoons butter, approximately
- In bowl, blend together cream cheese and Gouda cheese until well blended.
- Gently fold in tuna; set aside.
- Butter the outside of each slice of bread.
- Divide tuna mixture and spread on non-buttered side of four slices of bread.
- Layer one slice tomato, one slice onion and two slices of bacon over tuna mixture for each sandwich; cover with second piece of bread.
- In large skillet, over Medium-High heat, grill 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Substitute approximately 2 (6-oz.) cans drained tuna for 1 pouch.
Serving Size 1/4; Calories 810; Calories from Fat 533; Saturated Fat 35; Carbohydrates 33; Fiber 1.5; Sugars 5; Protein 39; Cholesterol 178; Sodium 1317; Vitamin A 54%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 51%; Iron 15%;