The southwestern flavor speaks to the chili powder, garlic, cilantro, and subtle spicy sweetness of the salmon—creating the perfect anytime-meal.
Original recipe courtesy of Andie Mitchell
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into ½-inch pieces
- ½ cup frozen corn, thawed
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup Minute Ready to Serve Whole Grain Brown Rice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (2.5 ounce) Chicken of the Sea Sweet and Spicy Flavored Salmon Pouch
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅓ cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat the broiler.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until just tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the corn, scallions, and rice, season with garlic powder, chili powder, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes. Add the salmon and cilantro and stir to incorporate with the other ingredients.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Pour the eggs into the pan and stir with a rubber spatula to blend with the other ingredients. Cook until the frittata has set on the bottom and begins to firm up on top, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the top. Transfer the skillet to the oven and broil until the top is lightly browned and the cheese is melted, about 2 minutes. Serve immediately.
In this recipe
Calories 182, Total fat 9g, Saturated Fat 3g, Carbohydrates 14g, Fiber 1g, Sugars 3g, Protein 11g