- 4 (8 inch) square rice paper wrappers
- 4 large leaves lettuce
- 1 (5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Premium Light Tuna
- 1 cup bean sprouts, washed
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger
Fresh Ginger Dipping Sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- To make the dipping sauce, whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To make the tuna rolls, start by softening the rice paper by using a plate with a lip that’s filled with warm water. Take a sheet of rice paper and slide it into the water; leave it for 5-10 seconds then remove. The rice paper should soften and be pliable. Repeat.
- Place one lettuce leaf on a diagonal from corner to opposite corner on each sheet of softened rice paper. The lettuce should not go beyond the edge of the wrapper.
- Place 1/4 of the tuna down the center of each lettuce leaf. Evenly divide the remaining ingredients over the tuna.
- Fold the bottom flap over filling. Then fold in the corners at the ends of the roll. Roll up as tightly as possible, tucking in filling as needed.
- The rolls can be served immediately but are best when refrigerated for about 3 hours. To serve, place filling side out on plate and serve with the Fresh Ginger Dipping Sauce. Serve as a whole "roll" (2 to a plate) or cut into thirds as appetizers.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Use any Chicken of the Sea® tuna products for this recipe.
Serving Size 1 roll with dipping sauce; Calories 220; Fat 5g; Carbohydrates 31g; Sugar 15g; Protein 12g; Sodium 1310mg