- 1/3 cup rice or cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 (5 oz) package Japanese curly noodles (chukka soba), crumbled
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 (5 oz) pouch Chicken of the Sea® Premium Skinless & Boneless Pink Salmon
- 8 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 can mandarin oranges, drained
- Chinese noodles (garnish)
- In a small saucepan, combine vinegar, sugar, oil, honey and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil, and cook 1 minute; stir constantly.
- Spoon mixture into a bowl.
- Cover and chill until cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, over medium-high heat, melt butter.
- Sauté noodles, almonds and sunflower seeds until lightly toasted.
- Spoon toasted mixture into a large bowl.
- Cover and chill.
- Add vinegar mixture to noodle mixture; let stand 15 minutes.
- Add salmon, cabbage, carrot, onions and oranges, tossing gently to coat.
- Garnish with Chinese noodles.
In this recipe
Add a little twist
Try this recipe with Chicken of the Sea® tuna as well!
Serving Size 1/6 of recipe; Calories 450; Calories from Fat 101; Saturated Fat 3; Carbohydrates 76; Fiber 6; Sugars 23; Protein 20; Cholesterol 31; Sodium 1100; Vitamin A 232%; Vitamin C 38%; Calcium 15%; Iron 18%;